Current Israel Travel Restrictions
Updated October 26, 2022
Summary of current entry regulations
We here at Dekel Tours are so excited to be welcoming tourists to Israel again! We’re thrilled to be back to normal operations after this long uncertain period.
We’ve put together a handy guide to the current Israel travel restrictions for tourists. As with everything else, if you have questions about anything, we’re always happy to talk! Feel free to reach out to your Tour Specialist or click the button below to set up a call at a time that works for you.
It’s official! All of the entry requirements have been lifted.
What does that actually mean?
All travelers will be admitted, both vaccinated and unvaccinated.
Just a few:
- As of October 9th, travelers are no longer required to complete the online entry statement.
- The COVID insurance rule has also been lifted, but it is still highly recommended that all travelers carry insurance that includes coverage for COVID-19-related expenses. US and Canadian residents can click here for a quote from a trusted insurance provider.
- If a visitor tests positive while in Israel, they must self-isolate according to Ministry of Health guidelines, at their own expense. They may self-isolate at their hotel or at a vacation rental property, such as an Airbnb.
Since you asked…
So, what next? Just get on a plane?
Not so fast! Just a couple of things first:
- Check with your airline for their restrictions or recommendations, which may be different from Israel’s.
- We strongly recommend that you also check with your airline for policies regarding how much time must pass after recovery from COVID before traveling.
What about excursions to Jordan?
Excellent question! The land border crossings between Jordan and Israel have reopened in both directions, which means you can fairly easily cross into Jordan, enjoy the sights of Aqaba, Wadi Rum, Petra, Amman, and more, and then cross back into Israel. Here are the main things to know:
- Click here for up-to-date rules about entering Jordan. As of June 1st, the only requirement is the completion of an entry statement.
- Your Tour Specialist will help you make sure all your ducks are in a row before you set out on your Jordan adventure!
OK, now what?
You’re still here? We love your can-do spirit! Just a few last nuggets of COVID wisdom for you.
- Masks are no longer mandatory in indoor spaces, but many Israelis are still masking in crowded or higher-risk settings.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 at any point during your time in Israel, you’ll be required to self-isolate at your own expense.
- We recommend that you check with your airline for additional requirements and rules, as these can vary from airline to airline.
Your personal Tour Specialist is ready to help you start building your dream trip.
To start the process, we invite you to contact us for a free trip consultation so we can learn more about your travel needs, wants, goals, and interests.
Comprehensive travel insurance that includes coverage for COVID-19 is strongly recommended for your upcoming trip!
We’re partnering with Travel Insured International to bring our valued guests the kind of travel insurance that can stand up to our Uncompromising Quality, Uncomplicated Travel promise. Click below to get a quote!
(currently available only for US/Can residents)