Current Israel Travel Restrictions
Updated May 21, 2022
Summary of current entry regulations
We here at Dekel Tours are so excited to be able to welcome tourists back to Israel after nearly two years of (mostly) patient waiting while the country has been closed to international visitors. It feels amazing to be planning trips for our clients who’ve been just as eagerly anticipating this moment as we have.
We’ve put together a handy guide to the new Israel travel restrictions for tourists. As with everything else, if you have questions about anything, we’re always happy to talk! Feel free to reach out to your Tour Specialist or click the button below to set up a call at a time that works for you.
Nearly all travel restrictions to Israel have been lifted.
What does that actually mean?
All travelers will be admitted, both vaccinated and unvaccinated.
Just a few:
- Until further notice, travelers must complete the online entry form up to 48 hours prior to arrival.
- If a visitor tests positive while in Israel, they must self-isolate in a Ministry of Health approved facility, at their own expense (they will not be permitted to self-isolate in their hotel room but may arrange accommodation at a private property such as an Airbnb, or they may stay at one of the government-operated COVID hotels if space is available).
- All travelers must show proof of insurance that includes coverage for COVID-19-related expenses. US and Canadian residents can click here for a quote from a trusted insurance provider.
Since you asked…
Tourists who have visited a country with a high-risk designation (“red countries”) in the 14 days prior to arriving in Israel will not be let in. You can look up a country’s status here.
So, what next? Just get on a plane?
Not so fast! Just a couple of things first:
- Complete the online entry statement 36-48 hours prior to flight. The form is time-sensitive (and somewhat temperamental), but once you get passed it, your trip should be smooth sailing the rest of the way. You can access the entry form here. And, of course, your Tour Specialist will be there to help you through the entire entry process!
- You will be required to wear a mask on your international flight as well as in the airport after your arrival.
- Check with your airline to see whether they have any additional regulations for travel.
What about excursions to Jordan?
Excellent question! The land border crossings between Jordan and Israel have reopened in both directions, which means you can fairly easily cross into Jordan, enjoy the sights of Aqaba, Wadi Rum, Petra, Amman, and more, and then cross back into Israel. Here are the main things to know:
- You will need to complete the Israel Entry Statement again prior to returning to Israel.
- Click here for up-to-date rules about entering Jordan. As of March 1st, the only requirements are the completion of an entry statement and proof of insurance.
- Your Tour Specialist will help you make sure all your ducks are in a row before you set out on your Jordan adventure!
OK, now what?
You’re still here? We love your can-do spirit! Just a few last nuggets of COVID wisdom for you.
- Masks are no longer mandatory in indoor spaces, but many Israelis are still masking in crowded or higher-risk settings.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 at any point during your time in Israel, you’ll be required to self-isolate at your own expense. Those who wish to avoid a government-operated COVID facility may do their 5-day self-isolation at a short-term apartment rental, such as an Airbnb. You may not self-isolate at a hotel.
- We recommend that you check with your airline for additional requirements and rules, as these can vary from airline to airline.
Your personal Tour Specialist is ready to help you start building your dream trip.
To start the process, we invite you to contact us for a free trip consultation so we can learn more about your travel needs, wants, goals, and interests.
Comprehensive travel insurance that includes coverage for COVID-19 is going to be a must for your upcoming trip!
We’re partnering with Travel Insured International to bring our valued guests the kind of travel insurance that can stand up to our Uncompromising Quality, Uncomplicated Travel promise. Click below to get a quote!
(currently available only for US/Can residents)